Friday, January 06, 2006

The Chutzpa

The Fake Doctor (What's with people using a pseudonym with the word "Doctor" included?) writes a hilarious entry on Parenting tips. It reminds me of when we were trying to find a good name for Jordan:

So three cheers for all the Darcquan's, La Fawnda's (I guess that qualifies as a not-so-obscure movie reference), and Zzyzzx's out there. This is not about them. This about all the parents out there who have the chutzpah to pick out from among the vast landscape of potential names a small subset that are almost guaranteed to send that kid straight to the NICU with some sort of awful disease. Yep, this is a warning to all the future Miracle's, Destiny's, Hope's, and Prayer's out there
"Destiny" was actually in the running. I guess I can breath a sigh of relief now.

2 Comments:

Blogger Echomouse said...

LOL The first time I heard "Shaneeqwa" that did it for me.

Destiny...good heavens, I'm glad you didn't end up calling Future Intern that name. That could put a kid into therapy for life. "What is my destiny?" "THIS is my destiny!" "It's destiny that this happened." I shudder just thinking about the screwed up reasoning it could cause.

11:00 AM  
Anonymous About Health Blog said...

This about all the parents out there who have the chutzpah to pick out from among the vast landscape of potential names a small subset that are almost guaranteed to send that kid straight to the NICU with some sort of awful disease.

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home