Thursday, January 05, 2006

A Wonderful article

There is a wonderful article published in the NYT recently by Abigail Zuger, M.D. about the reality of hospital medicine versus how it looks in the medical journals:

It was 4:30 a.m., the hour at which, if you are up all night in the name of medical training, you begin to shiver uncontrollably no matter how many patient gowns you layer on. Just when it seemed there might be time for a little nap before morning, our fifth admission of the night rolled in
Hat tip to Shrinkette for the lead.

5 Comments:

Blogger Echomouse said...

That WAS a great article. Thanks for linking it. It sounded to me just like my rare disorder and reminded me I have to get my medicalert bracelet AND figure out what to put on it.

12:07 AM  
Blogger nickgenes said...

Only five admissions by 4:30 AM? Pshaw.

But seriously, I'm a big fan of Zuger's writing.

10:39 PM  
Blogger beajerry said...

Beautiful writing!

12:41 PM  
Anonymous My Blog said...

Just when it seemed there might be time for a little nap before morning, our fifth admission of the night rolled in!

2:29 AM  
Anonymous Violet said...

Good rreading

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home