Friday, January 13, 2006

Friday: Intern Topic of the Day


Every Friday these interns start arguing about some irrelevant issue, or rather, one that is unconnected to medicine. At least today they argued about something I care about. And yeah...how come superheroes don't die naturally?
I’m not saying this lack of aging heroes is wrong. Being a super-hero is a dangerous occupation, after all. Heroes are going to die in the line of duty or make enemies who will hunt them down after they retire. Frankly, I doubt there’s much interest in an elderly super-hero title, so I can’t blame anyone for not publishing one
Go read the rest here at Polite Dissent.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

While I know it's probably not canonical (though my limited comic book knowledge lends no credibility to anything I say on the subject), Batman was a grizzled old man in the cartoon 'Batman Beyond.' So that's something, at least.

8:15 AM  
Blogger Echomouse said...

LOL
Actually, have we ever heard of any superheroes dying? I mean, really?

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Just dropping by! thought i'd leave a message or so. Nice! :)

charlene.
www.charlenechow.blogspot.com

7:21 AM  
Anonymous About Medicine Blog said...

Heroes are going to die in the line of duty or make
enemies who will hunt them down after they retire.

6:45 AM  
Anonymous Roulette Rules said...

Excellent variant

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home